SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY
COUNCIL CHAMBERS CONRAD PREBYS AZTEC STUDENT UNION – 3:30 PM
A.S. UNIVERSITY COUNCIL MINUTES
I. CALL TO ORDER:
Vice President of University Affairs Andrea Byrd called the meeting to order at 3:32 PM.
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. ROLL CALL:
- Voting Members Present: Blaire Ward, Leo Carillo, Dominic Bilotti, Andrea Byrd, Harrison Baum, Dylan Coliflower, Erik Tamiyasu, Megan Mahdi, Ana Morino, Ian Fielden, Ty Yates, Justin Fatoohi, Gervin Prado, Jonny Semaan (left early), Shawn Tenny, Nate Lloyd, Sergio Cisneros, Anthony Lee, Keaton Lash, Lewis Collazo, Gervin Prado, Marisa Cubing, Sinthia Garcia, Pablo Tinoco.
- Voting Members Absent: Tyler Aguilar, Muriel Robotta, Keagan Casey, Jaynie Lee, Paul Sullivan, Alexis Dumitrescu.
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Present: Linh Phan, Vitaliano Figueroa, Christina Brown.
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Absent: Dr. Cezar Ornatowski.
- Visitors Present: Jennifer Esquivel-Parker.
IV. MODIFICATIONS TO AGENDA:
It was moved and seconded to approve today’s agenda. LEE/SEMAAN CARRIED
V. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES:
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes. LLOYD/TINOCO CARRIED
VI. PUBLIC COMMENT:
VII. UNIVERSITY REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS
- University Senate Designee, Dr.Ornatowski: None.
- University Vice President for Student Affairs Designee, Vitaliano Figueroa reported on the following:
- The Economic Crisis Response Team is working on increasing marketing effort.
- He is working with the EOP program to remodel the office space.
- EOP is in process of hiring Assistant Director and Associate Director.
VIII. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- General Consent Agenda: It was moved and seconded to approve the General Consent Agenda, as attached. COLLIFLOWER/COLLAZO CARRIED
- General Consent Report: (Information) The General Consent Report was reviewed via electronic copy. For further reference please request a full agenda copy from the Government Secretary.
IX. INTRODUCTION OF NEW LEGISLATIVE MATTERS:
X. REPORTS OF UNIVERSITY COUNCIL MEMBERS:
- Andrea Byrd, Vice President of University Affairs:
- Updated everyone on UAB’s progress: UAB is divided into 4 focus groups.
- She sent out survey results. Please analyze them!
- Please RSVP for the A.S pitch workshop.
- Next college council forums will be from February 9th-11th.
- College of Arts and Letter is hosting The Future of the Humanities in a Digital Age on Tuesday, January 26th at 6pm in Montezuma Hall.
- Attended Anthropology class presentation and got feedback.
- There are over 83,000 applicants to SDSU this fall.
- Blaire Ward, President:
- Gave a report on Keagan’s behalf: There is Midnight Study Break tomorrow from 9pm-12am.
- Updated council members on Muslim Student Association’s demands.
- Encouraged everyone to take the Princeton Review survey.
- Leo Carillo, Executive Vice President:
- We won our 20th Mountain West Championship in football!
- Encouraged everyone to support athletics at games!
- Our football team is ranked 21 in the nation.
- The library is open 24/7 starting today until December 17th.
- The student lounge project was approved on Monday.
- Tyler Aguilar, Vice President of External Relations: None.
- Dominic Bilotti, Vice President of Financial Affairs:
- Aztecs Rock Hunger raised 414,000lbs. of food.
- Dom is in the process of developing a student task force for the Economic Crisis Response Team.
- Christina Brown, Executive Director:
- Wished everyone good luck on finals!
- Encouraged everyone to continue discussion on succession planning for the spring semester.
- If anyone has troubles with securing rooms for meetings, please let Christina, Jen, or Blaire know.
- Student lounge will begin constructing over break.
- If you have any event planned, email Jen as soon as possible so it can be on the A.S calendar.
- Anthony Lee, ASBOD Student-At-Large:
- BOD approved 11 proposed bylaw amendments.
- Anthony is working with PSFA and ABSC reps on projects.
- He is working with Brandi, Sergio, and college reps for each council on a research project.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting. BAUM/CUBING CARRIED
Vice President of University Affairs Andrea Byrd adjourned the meeting at 4:31 PM.