SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY
JUDICIAL AFFAIRS COUNCIL MINUTES
Monday, November 16, 2015 – 7:30 AM
Council Chambers • Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Brenna Culliton called the meeting to order at 7:39 AM in Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Brenna Culliton, Jordan Maharaj, Abel Mercado, Chloe Sension, David Ellman.
- Voting Members Absent: Mustafa Alemi, CJ O’Brien.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Jennifer Esquivel-Parker, Lee Mintz.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: None.
- Visitors Present: None.
III. MODIFICATION OF AGENDA:
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda.
SENSION/ELLMAN CARRIED, (4-0-0)
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES:
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes of 11/9/15, as attached.
MERCADO/MAHARAJ CARRIED, (4-0-0)
V. PUBLIC COMMENT
VI. CHAIR’S REPORT:
Brenna wished everyone a nice week.
- Attendance Report: Jordan is working on clarifying the attendance report.
- Bylaw Amendments: JAC reviewed and discussed the proposed bylaw amendments.
- #BA F15-03 College of Arts and Letters College Council
- #BA F15-04 Legislative Procedures
- #BA F15-05 University Affairs Board
- #BA F15-06 Commuter Student Board
- #BA F15-07 Student Support Commission
- #BA F15-08 External Relations Board
- #BA F15-09 Community Service Commission
- #BA F15-10 SDSU Children’s Center Board
- #BA F15-11 Campus Community Commission
- #BA F15-12 Eligibility
- #BA F15-13 Aztec Student Union Board Charter
- Appointments and Resignations: It was moved and seconded to approve the appointment and resignation memo, as attached.
MAHARAJ/ELLMAN CARRIED, (4-0-0)
- Requests for Excused Absences: It was moved and seconded to approve the request for an excused absence from David Ellman for missing the Judicial Affairs Council meeting on 11/2/15, as attached.
SENSION/MERCADO CARRIED, (4-0-0)
- Requirements are due this Friday.
- A.S Leaders Holiday Party is on December 2nd.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 8:05 AM.
MAHARAJ/SENSION CARRIED, (4-0-0)
APPROVED BY: Jamie Miller, A.S. President
PREPARED BY: Linh Phan, A.S. Government Secretary