SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY
JUDICIAL AFFAIRS COUNCIL MINUTES
Monday, November 2, 2015 – 7:30 AM
Council Chambers • Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Brenna Culliton called the meeting to order at 7:35 AM in Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Brenna Culliton, CJ O’Brien, Jordan Maharaj, Mustafa Alemi (late), Abel Mercado, Chloe Sension.
- Voting Members Absent: None.
- Non-Voting Members Present: David Ellman.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: Lee Mintz.
- Visitors Present: None.
III. MODIFICATION OF AGENDA:
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda.
SENSION/O’BRIEN CARRIED, (4-0-0)
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES:
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes.
MAHARAJ/SENSION CARRIED, (4-0-0)
V. PUBLIC COMMENT
VI. CHAIR’S REPORT:
Brenna wished everyone a great weekend.
- Attendance Charts: The attendance was reviewed.
- #BA 15-01 Elections Code (Information): The proposed changes to the elections code were discussed.
- Recently Submitted Bylaw Amendments (handout): The bylaw amendments were reviewed.
- Appointments and Resignations: It was moved and seconded to approve the appointment and resignation memo, as attached.
MAHARAJ/ALEMI CARRIED, (5-0-0)
- Requests for Excused Absences: It was moved and seconded to approve the request for an excused absence from Keagan Casey for missing the University Council meeting on 10/21/15, as attached.
ALEMI/MAHARAJ CARRIED, (5-0-0)
It was moved and seconded to approve the request for an excused absence from Sinthia Garcia for missing the University Council meeting on 10/21/2015, as attached.
MAHARAJ/MERCADO CARRIED, (5-0-0)
It was moved and seconded to approve the request for an excused absence from Abel Mercado for missing the Judicial Affairs Council meeting on 10/26/2015, as attached.
O’BRIEN/SENSION CARRIED, (5-0-0)
- Updated Tabling Requirements (handout): The tabling requirements were discussed.
SENSION/MERCADO CARRIED, (5-0-0
- Journey to shared humanity will be from November 15-18th.
- Ford challenge is today in Lot S from 11am-5pm.
- Congratulations to Brenna for making it to homecoming court.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 8:05 AM.
MAHARAJ/SENSION CARRIED, (5-0-0)
APPROVED BY: Jamie Miller, A.S. President
PREPARED BY: Linh Phan, A.S. Government Secretary