Monday, October 12, 2015 – 7:30 AM
Council Chambers • Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Brenna Culliton called the meeting to order at 7:33 AM in Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Brenna Culliton, CJ O’Brien, Chloe Sension, Jordan Maharaj, Abel Mercado, David Ellman.
- Voting Members Absent: Mustafa Alemi.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Jennifer Esquivel-Parker.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: Lee Mintz.
- Visitors Present: None.
III. MODIFICATION OF AGENDA:
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda. SENSION/ELLMAN It was moved to remove Action Item C. Tabling Requirements. It was accepted as a friendly amendment. There were no objections.
The agenda was approved as amended. CARRIED, (5-0-0)
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES:
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes. SENSION/MAHARAJ
It was moved to correct item IV. Approval of the previous minutes on 10/05/15. It was accepted as a friendly amendment. There were no objections.
The previous minutes were approved as amended. CARRIED, (5-0-0)
V. PUBLIC COMMENT:
VI. CHAIR’S REPORT:
1. Brenna will follow up with Keaton Lash regarding the outcome of his requests for excused absences.
- Attendance Report: The attendance report, as attached, was reviewed.
- Senate Committees: Members of the Judicial Affairs Council signed up for Senate Committees.
- Appointments and Resignations: It was moved and seconded to approve the appointment and resignation memo as attached. SENSION/O’BRIEN Alejandra Aguilar was added to the elections committee. There were no objections. The appointments and resignations memo was approved as amended. CARRIED, (5-0-0)
- Requests for Excused Absences: It was moved and seconded to approve the request for an excused absence from Sergio Cisneros for missing the first half hour of the University Council meeting on 10/07/15, as attached. MAHARAJ/SENSION CARRIED, (5-0-0)
- #BA 15-01 Elections Code (2nd Reading): The elections code was discussed and reviewed.
1. Abel spoke at the last UC meeting about due dates.
2. JAC members were reminded to RSVP for the University leaders’ reception.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 8:10 AM. MAHARAJ/ELLMAN CARRIED, (5-0-0)