Monday, October 5, 2015 – 7:30 AM
Council Chambers • Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Brenna Culliton called the meeting to order at 7:35 AM in Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Brenna Culliton, CJ O’Brien, Chloe Sension, Jordan Maharaj, Mustafa Alemi, Abel Mercado.
- Voting Members Absent: David Ellman.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Jennifer Esquivel-Parker, Lee Mintz.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: None.
- Visitors Present: Sergio Cisneros.
III. MODIFICATION OF AGENDA:
It was moved and seconded to add action item C. Review Keaton Lash, and remove Information Action item C. Duties MAHARAJ/O’BRIEN CARRIED, (5-0-0)
The agenda is approved as amended.
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES:
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes. ALEMI/MAHARAJ CARRIED, (5-0-0)
V. PUBLIC COMMENT:
VI. CHAIR’S REPORT:
1. JAC will be going paperless from now on.
- #BA 15-01 Elections Code, JAC discussed the following:
- Reserve the right to remove the Student Initiative Referendum item from the ballot
- A.S sponsored forums can be signed up to four weeks before voting with a referendum item minimum of once a week.
- Attendance Report: The attendance report, as attached, was reviewed.
- Appointments and Resignations: It was moved and seconded to approve the appointment and resignation memo as attached. MAHARAJ/SENSION CARRIED, (5-0-0)
- Requests for Excused Absences: It was moved and seconded to approve the request for an excused absence from Keaton Lash for missing the University Council meeting on 9/23/15, as attached. SENSION/MAHARAJ FAILED, (0-5-0) It was moved and seconded to approve the request for an excused absence from Keaton Lash for missing the University Council meeting on 9/9/15, as attached. SENSION/MAHARAJ FAILED, (0-5-0)
- Review of Keaton Lash: It was moved and seconded for Keaton Last to table for 4 additional hours by November 23 and failure to complete this or any of other requirements, including attending meetings, by the deadline will result in removal from his position. SENSION/ALEMI It was moved and seconded to amend the above motion to include and any further unexcused absences this semester will result in removal from his position SENSION/ALEMI CARRIED, (5-0-0) The motion was approved as amended. CARRIED, (4-1-0)
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 8:45 AM. MAHARAJ/SENSION CARRIED, (4-0-0)