Friday, August 28, 2015 – 8:00 AM
Presidential Suite • Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Brenna Culliton called the meeting to order at 8:06 AM in Presidential Suite at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Brenna Culliton, Mustafa Alemi, David Ellman, Abel Mercado, CJ O’Brien, Chloe Sension.
- Voting Members Absent: Jordan Maharaj.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Jennifer Esquivel-Parker.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: Lee Mintz.
- Visitors Present: None.
III. MODIFICATION OF AGENDA:
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting. O’BRIEN/MERCADO
Brenna made a friendly amendment to postpone Information Item D. Parliamentary Procedures and Gloria Romero Open Meeting Law. There were no objections.
The agenda was approved as amended. CARRIED, (5-0-0)
- Introductions: All members introduced themselves.
- Mission of JAC: Brenna reviewed the mission of JAC.
- Bylaws, Codes and Charters: Brenna passed these out and asked that members bring them to every meeting.
- Goals for the year: This will be reviewed further next week. Brenna also discussed making changes to the Elections Code in order to further outline guidelines for the Student Initiative Referendum and the Last Chance Alternative.
- Appointments and Resignations: It was moved and seconded to approve the appointments and resignations memo, as attached. SENSION/ALEMI CARRIED, (5-0-0)
- Meeting Schedule: It was moved and seconded to meet Mondays at 7:30 am except for this Friday, Sept. 4. O’BRIEN/ELLMAN CARRIED, (5-0-0)
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 8:48 AM. SENSION/ALEMI CARRIED, (5-0-0)