A.S. Chief Justice Sean Guardian called the meeting to order at 9:12 AM in Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
A. Voting Members Present: Sean Guardian, Kiana Caton, Alex Johnstone, Abby Kim, Maneet Deol, Dillon McLean, Jessica Valo.
B. Voting Members Absent: None.
C. Non-Voting Members Present: Jennifer Esquivel-Parker, Lee Mintz.
D. Non-Voting Members Absent: None.
E. Visitors Present: Brenna Culliton, Sarah Nohrden, Erick Tamiyasu.
It was moved and seconded to modify and approve the agenda for today’s meeting.
It was moved and seconded to approve the minutes from the 4/16/14 meeting, as attached.
CATON/DEOL CARRIED, (6-0-0)
Congrats to all the newly appointed A.S. members!
A. The Attendance and Duties Report was reviewed.
B. Sean and Jen gave updates to JAC.
A. Appointments and Resignations:
1. It was moved and seconded to approve the appointments and resignations memo, as attached.
KIM/VALO CARRIED, (6-0-0)
B. Requests for Excused Absences:
1. It was moved and seconded to approve the request for an excused absence from Cameron Wilmore for missing the ASUC meeting on 4/16/2014, copy attached.
JOHNSTONE/DEOL FAILED, (6-0-0)
2. It was moved and seconded to approve the request for an excused absence from Corey Polant for missing the ASCLC meeting on 4/16/2014, copy attached.
MCLEAN/JOHNSTONE CARRIED, (4-2-0)
C. Bylaw Amendments:
1. It was moved and seconded to approve the proposed bylaw amendments, BA S14-01 to BA S14-07.
CATON/DILLON CARRIED, (6-0-0)
D. Council Member Duties:
1. JAC reviewed the updated records of the Council Member Duties.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 10:00 AM.
JOHNSTONE/KIM CARRIED, (6-0-0)