SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY
JUDICIAL AFFAIRS COUNCIL MINUTES
Wednesday, February 26, 2014 – 9:00 am
Council Chambers • Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
A.S. Chief Justice Sean Guardian called the meeting to order at 9:05 am in Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Sean Guardian, Kiana Caton, Alex Johnstone, Abby Kim, Maneet Deol, Dillon McLean.
- Voting Members Absent: None.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Jennifer Esquivel-Parker.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: Lee Mintz.
- Visitors Present: Nadir Bouhmouch
III. MODIFICATION OF AGENDA:
It was moved and seconded to modify and approve the agenda for today’s meeting. KIM/MCLEAN CARRIED, (5-0-0)
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT:
Nadir Bouhmouch stated a list of grievances related to the University Affairs Board meeting on 2/19/14.
V. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the minutes from the 2/19/14 meeting, as attached. DEOL/CATON CARRIED, (5-0-0)
VI. CHAIR’S REPORT:
Sean looking into diversity training make-up.
- Attendance and Duties Report- members who did not fulfill or turn in their tabling duties will be contacted via email by Sean.
- Bylaw amendments will be discusses in further detail next week.
- Appointments and Resignations: It was moved and seconded to approve the appointments and resignations memo, as attached. MCLEAN//MANEET CARRIED, (5-0-0)
- Requests for Excused Absences: None. C. Elections Committee Minutes, 2/21/14: It was moved and seconded to approve the Elections Committee minutes dated 2/21/14, as attached. JOHNSTONE/CATON CARRIED, (5-0-0)
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 9:58 am. JOHNSTONE/CATON CARRIED, (5-0-0)