OCTOBER 28, 2015 – COUNCIL CHAMBERS
CONRAD PREBYS AZTEC STUDENT UNION – 3:30 PM
A.S. CAMPUS LIFE COUNCIL MINUTES
I. CALL TO ORDER:
Executive Vice President Leo Carillo called the meeting to order at 3:33 PM.
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. ROLL CALL:
- Voting Members Present: Blaire Ward, Leo Carillo, Tyler Aguilar, Dominic Bilotti, Andrea Byrd, Vanessa Girard, Suraj Patel, Meghan Andrade, Michael Liu, Itzelt Santos, Jack Doheny, Vivian Lee, Jamie Miller, Daniel Matlock, Chris Thomas, Michaela Hurtienne, Megan Goodman, Lorena Acosta, Patty Masengale, Trevor Yarnall, Kelsey Moss, Arnelle Sambile.
- Voting Members Absent: Megan Dickson.
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Present: Linh Phan, Christina Brown, Shelby Walker for Jenna Beuck.
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Absent: Randy Timm.
- Visitors Present: Jordan Maharaj.
IV. MODIFICATIONS TO AGENDA:
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda of October 28, 2015.
V. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES:
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes of October 14, 2015.
VI. PUBLIC COMMENT:
VII. UNIVERSITY REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS
- SDSU Vice President of Student Affairs Designee, Randy Timm: None.
- A.S. Executive Director, Christina Brown: None.
VIII. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- General Consent Agenda: (Action) It was moved and seconded to approve the General Consent Agenda, as attached.
IX. REPORTS OF CAMPUS LIFE COUNCIL MEMBERS:
- Leo Carillo, Executive Vice President:
- Reminded everyone to pick up tickets to all the games!
- Encouraged members to sign up for the Homecoming 5k.
- Homecoming T-shirts will be out on Friday.
- Homecoming court announcement will be tomorrow from 12-1pm in the Courtyard.
- Facilities approved name plagues for all the rooms in the Union.
- Blaire Ward, President:
- Reminded members to educate themselves on hot topics on campus.
- Survey data will be sent to their mailbox.
- If you have not set up a meeting with Blaire, please do so. She wants to make sure that you are on track with your vision.
- Encouraged everyone to mingle with other boards and commissions.
- Tyler Aguilar, Vice President of External Relations:
- Exactly 190 years ago from today, we received the Statue of Liberty.
- There is a GOP Republican debate going on tonight at 6pm.
- Tyler will be attending CSSA from November 13th-15th.
- He is also going to the Board of Trustees on Tuesday, November 17th. The event will be in Long Beach. Let Tyler know if you would like to come with him.
- Speaker of the Assembly, Toni Atkins, had a great time at University Council meeting! Tyler thanked everyone for their energy and participation.
- Gave a shout out to Daniel and Suraj for doing an amazing job with their commission!
- Dominic Bilotti, Vice President of Financial Affairs:
- Aztecs Proud had over 200 donors!
- Please share Dom’s daily post on Aztecs Rock Hunger.
- Encouraged everyone to change their facebook profile picture to the Aztecs Rock Hunger logo to further promote the campaign.
- Raised over $800 from the past football game!
- Reminded everyone to sign up for tabling if they have time.
- Gave a shout out to his team for doing walk-arounds and tabling.
- Andrea Byrd, Vice President of University Affairs:
- Thanked Daniel for standing up in front of class to talk about A.S.
- Reminded everyone to be mindful of all the events from the other commissions and boards, not just their own.
- She will be hosting a workshop on how to pitch about A.S.
- Lorena Acosta, ASBOD Student-at-Large:
- Reminded everyone to meet with their mentees.
- Patty Masengale, ASBOD Student-at-Large:
- There will be a second greenfest event tomorrow.
- Reminded everyone to look at goals to see if you are achieving them.
- Trevor Yarnall, ASBOD Student-at-Large:
- He is waiting to hear back from Oggi’s to see if students in the brewery certificate program can volunteer for beer garden.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting. ACOSTA/MOSS CARRIED
Executive Vice President Leo Carillo adjourned the meeting at 4:40 PM.