SEPTEMBER 16, 2015 – COUNCIL CHAMBERS
CONRAD PREBYS AZTEC STUDENT UNION – 3:30 PM
A.S. CAMPUS LIFE COUNCIL MINUTES
I. CALL TO ORDER:
Executive Vice President Leo Carillo called the meeting to order at 3:34 PM.
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. ROLL CALL:
- Voting Members Present: Blaire Ward, Leo Carillo, Tyler Aguilar, Dominic Bilotti, Andrea Byrd, Vanessa Girard, Suraj Patel, Meghan Andrade, Michael Liu, Itzelt Santos, Jack Doheny, Vivian Lee, Megan Dickson, Jamie Miller, Daniel Matlock, Chris Thomas, Arnelle Sambile, Michaela Hurtienne, Megan Goodman, Lorena Acosta, Patty Masengale, Trevor Yarnall, Kelsey Moss, Shelby Walker.
- Voting Members Absent: None.
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Present: Linh Phan, Paige Nulliner, Christina Brown.
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Absent: Randy Timm.
- Visitors Present: Brendi Tonne.
IV. MODIFICATIONS TO AGENDA:
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda of September 16, 2015. PATEL/MATLOCK CARRIED
V. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES:
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes of September 2, 2015. AGUILAR/HURTIENNE CARRIED
VI. PUBLIC COMMENT:
- Representatives from the Gallo Wine Co, Candice Luisfro and Madelyn Blake reported:
- The Gallo Wine Company is looking for leaders on campus to work for them. Candidates have to be at least 21 years old because they are a winery company.
- There are three phases to move up in the company. The first page is being a sales rep, the second is management, and the last one is when you get to pick whichever path you want to go in. Promotions depend on individual’s effort.
VII. UNIVERSITY REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS
- SDSU Vice President of Student Affairs Designee, Randy Timm: None.
- A.S. Executive Director, Christina Brown:
- Apologized for being late to the meeting. She will be attending the Full-time Staff Leadership for two days, including today.
VIII. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- General Consent Agenda: (Action) It was moved and seconded to approve the General Consent Agenda, as attached. ANDRADE/MASENGALE CARRIED
IX. REPORTS OF CAMPUS LIFE COUNCIL MEMBERS:
- Leo Carillo, Executive Vice President:
- Thanked everyone for being great leaders and making an impact in our community.
- March to the Arch will be at 12pm tomorrow!
- Encouraged council members to invite A.S leaders in their boards and committees to come to Super Saturday this week. Let Leo know if you need the link to RSVP.
- Please be aware that there are different rooms on the 2nd floor of the Union and not just Student Life and Leadership. 5. Homecoming logo is finalized!
- Blaire Ward, President:
- Vision from retreat will be sent back by end of this week.
- Reminded council members to make sure designee spots are filled.
- Suggested the Who/What/When/Where/Why format for council reports.
- Thanked Lorena for doing a great job on researching about the A.S website and how to improve it.
- Please let the execs know if you want them to come talk to your organizations about A.S.
- Reminded everyone to bring their resumes to next UC meeting so Blaire and Andrea can look them over.
- Suggested everyone to go on gallupstrengthscenter.com to find out what your strengths are.
- Jamie had the most eloquent language for today and Blaire will be buying her Starbucks!
- Tyler Aguilar, Vice President of External Relations:
- Please come out to Ice Cream Social on this Sunday.
- Let Tyler know if you are interested in going to the Board of Trustee meeting in November.
- Fall 2015 Career Fair will be tomorrow from 10-2:30pm. Please dress up and bring your resumes!
- Tony Atkins, Speaker of the Assembly, will be at UC meeting on October 21st. It is highly encouraged that council members come and be informed.
- GOP debate is at 6pm today! Let Tyler know if you are interested in watching the debate with him.
- Dominic Bilotti, Vice President of Financial Affairs:
- Financial Affairs Council approved 3 CPFs and 3 Travel Requests this past week.
- Audit review will begin tomorrow.
- Aztecs Rock Hunger start-up event will be at 1pm this Friday. Dom needs one representative from each board and committee to be there.
- Aztecs Rock Hunger campaign will go on Strive for alumni to donate more easily.
- Andrea Byrd, Vice President of University Affairs:
- Andrea is working on reviving the Aztec Culture Project to help educate students on the Aztec culture.
- She is also working on setting up a Student Panel about advising. There will be staff members and advisors at the panel.
- Let Andrea know if you are interested in the being a part of the University Senate Committee.
- Reminded everyone that next UC will be the Deans Panel.
- Lorena Acosta, ASBOD Student-at-Large:
- She will be meeting with commissions next week.
- Lorena and Sergio are working together on improving the A.S website.
- Patty Masengale, ASBOD Student-at-Large:
- Met with her commissions and she is very happy with all their work.
- More information on Spread Your Roots event will be updated next week.
- If you need help marketing an event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Trevor Yarnall, ASBOD Student-at-Large:
- Trevor will be meeting with Donna, the Executive Director of Aztec Shops, to work on the Beer Garden project. More information will be updated at next CLC meeting.
- Gave Jack and Michaela a shout-out for doing a fantastic job!
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting. MOSS/LIU CARRIED Executive Vice President Leo Carillo adjourned the meeting at 5:39 PM.