SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY
APRIL 22, 2015
COUNCIL CHAMBERS CONRAD PREBYS AZTEC STUDENT UNION – 3:30 PM
A.S. CAMPUS LIFE COUNCIL MINUTES
I. CALL TO ORDER:
Executive Vice President Leo Carillo called the meeting to order at 3:35 PM.
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. ROLL CALL:
- Voting Members Present: Kevin Hancock, Jamie Miller, Patty Masengale, Blaire Ward, Leo Carillo (late), Drew Morris, Clayton Bishop, Kelsey Schroeder, Kirk Sasaki, Tyler Aguilar, Megan Goodman, Niveen Kryakos (late), Jonathan Cole, Jacqueline Karczewski, Corey Polant (late), Alex Padua, Keagan Casey, Marilyn Martinez, Kyle Murphy.
- Voting Members Absent: Abby Kim, Lorena Acosta, Grace Diaz, Jennifer Reyes.
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Present: Clarice Mendoza, Paige Nulliner.
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Absent: Randy Timm, Christina Brown.
- Visitors Present: Matt Cecil, Vanessa Girard.
IV. MODIFICATIONS TO AGENDA:
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda of April 22, 2015. SASAKI/GOODMAN Kevin made a friendly amendment to add a time certain for adjournment at 5:30 PM. The agenda was approved as amended.
V. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES:
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes of April 8, 2015. BISHOP/GOODMAN CARRIED
VI. PUBLIC COMMENT:
- Industry Co-Founder, Matt Cecil, reported:
- Matt Cecil introduced himself, mentioned his experiences as an SDSU student, and explained his new start-up, Industry, which was also founded by former A.S. President, Cody Barbo. More information can be found at http://industry.com.
VII. UNIVERSITY REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS
- SDSU Vice President of Student Affairs Designee: None.
- A.S. Executive Director, Christina Brown: None.
VIII. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- General Consent Agenda: (Action) It was moved and seconded to approve the General Consent Agenda, as attached. AGUILAR/MORRIS CARRIED
IX. REPORTS OF CAMPUS LIFE COUNCIL MEMBERS:
- Kevin Hancock, Executive Vice President:
- See you all this Thursday, April 4/23, for the Aztec Achievement Awards. Doors open at 4:30 PM and the program will begin at 5 PM.
- J. Cole, President:
- Ex4Vets will be held on the steps leading into the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union on Saturday, 5/2 at 11 AM. It will be the first ONE SDSU event that honors veterans. It’s only $20 to register online at http://www.ex4vets.org/ until May 1. Registration on the day of will be $45. 50% of funds raised will go back to the organization to registration you sign up with.
- Jacqueline Karczewski, Vice President of External Relations:
- CSSA San Diego is the weekend of May 2nd! Please contact Jacqueline if you’d like to volunteer!
- Please complete the campus climate survey, found in your e-mail inboxes.
- Christina Brown, Executive Director:
- The Aztec Culture Project has made moves to add a mural on the west-facing wall of Council Chambers, constructed of remnants from the old sycamore tree that was in the courtyard of the previous Aztec Center. The mural will be a colorful mosaic by the artist Aieta Valencia.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting. BISHOP/KARCZEWSKI CARRIED
Executive Vice President Kevin Hancock adjourned the meeting at 4:18 PM.