NOVEMBER 12, 2014
CONRAD PREBYS AZTEC STUDENT UNION – 3:30 PM
A.S. CAMPUS LIFE COUNCIL MINUTES
I. CALL TO ORDER:
Executive Vice President Kevin Hancock called the meeting to order at 3:31 PM.
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. ROLL CALL:
A. Voting Members Present: Kevin Hancock, Jamie Miller, Samuel Beltran, Blaire Ward, Patty Masengale, Leo Carillo, Clayton Bishop, Kelsey Schroeder, Lorena Acosta, Tyler Aguilar, Kirk Sasaki, Megan Goodman, Niveen Kryakos, Grace Diaz, Jennifer Reyes, Jonathan Cole, Jacqueline Karczewski, Alex Padua, Keagan Casey, Kyle Murphy.
B. Voting Members Absent: Abby Kim, Megan Goodman, Corey Polant.
C. Ex-Officios (non-voting) Present: Caroline Gillen.
D. Ex-Officios (non-voting) Absent: Christina Brown, (Designee of) Marilyn Martinez, Clarice Mendoza.
E. Visitors Present: Christy Andrade, Mark Zakrzewski.
IV. MODIFICATIONS TO AGENDA:
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda of November 12, 2014.
A friendly amendment was made to add a Judicial Affairs Council update by Chief Justice Kiana Caton, as Item D under University Reports and Presentations.
The agenda was approved as amended.
V. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES:
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes of October 29, 2014.
VI. PUBLIC COMMENT:
VII. UNIVERSITY REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS
A. SDSU Vice President of Student Affairs Designee, Randy Timm:
B. Aztec Proud Program – Christy Andrade, Alumni Engagement Coordinator, reported:
- The Aztec Proud Program is a philanthropic effort by students for fellow students to engage them in leadership opportunities. With a minimum of a $10 donation to any area or department of SDSU, students will receive an Aztec Proud package with a lanyard, shirt, and thank you card, as well as invitations to exclusive professional development opportunities and special events at SDSU.
- On Monday, November 17, representatives from the program will be tabling at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union from 12-2 PM.
C. Aztec Recreation Presentation – Mark Zakrzewski, Director, reported:
- After introducing himself and several Aztec Recreation full-time staff members, Mark presented Aztec Recreation’s history, statistics, goals, and current projects the Aztec Recreation staff is developing.
- The Live Well Aztecs campaign is a strategic initiative that will include the enhancement of the Aztec Recreation Center by making it LEED certified and a sustainability study for facilities and recreation spaces.
D. Judicial Affairs Council Update – Kiana Caton, Chief Justice, reported:
- Bylaw amendments will be voted on this Friday.
- The deadline for A.S. leader duties is Friday, November 21, 2014. These include the completion and paperwork for the attendance of a cultural event, non-council meeting, and study abroad scholarship evaluations (for University Council members). The cultural event must be planned by a cultural based organization, recognized by Student Life and Leadership.
- The diversity deadline has been extended to Monday, December 1.
VIII. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION:
A. General Consent Agenda: (Action)
It was moved and seconded to approve the General Consent Agenda, as attached.
IX. REPORTS OF CAMPUS LIFE COUNCIL MEMBERS:
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting.
Executive Vice President Kevin Hancock adjourned the meeting at 5:22 PM.