A.S. Executive Vice President, Vanessa Girard, called the meeting to order at 9:15 AM in the Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting.
Final Approval of the Voter Pamphlet for the Spring 2018 Student Fee Referendum for the Aztec Recreation Center and Recreation Field Expansion. This will be forwarded to the Campus Fee Advisory Committee. (Action): It was moved and seconded to approve the Voter Pamphlet for the Spring 2018 Student Fee Referendum for the Aztec Recreation Center and Recreation Field Expansion.
It was moved and seconded to approve the following amendments to the Voter Pamphlet:
- Add introductory line to the Proposed Increase to Mandatory Student Body Center Fee section and add “Background” to the title.
- Keep the capitalization or non-capitalization of “fee” consistent.
- Add information about ARC availability during construction to the “Yes” section
- Change “daylight and views” to “windows creating natural light”
- Add estimated membership cost of $29 by 2021 to the “No” section
- In the “No” section, change the “The increasing demand…will likely…” to “will continue to...” and remove the line starting “Student clubs…”
MILLER/THOMAS CARRIED, (12-0-0)
The Voter Pamphlet was approved as amended, as attached. CARRIED, (12-0-0)
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:14 am.
APPROVED BY: Vanessa Girard, A.S. Executive Vice President
PREPARED BY: Jennifer Esquivel-Parker, A.S. Assistant Director of Government Affairs and Programs