Monday, November 30, 2015 – 3:00 PM
Council Chambers • Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
A.S. President, Blaire Ward called the meeting to order at 4:12 PM in the Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Blaire Ward, Leo Carrillo, Tyler Aguilar, Dominic Bilotti, Andrea Byrd, Lorena Acosta, Sergio Cisneros, Anthony Lee, Jessica Rentto, Trevor Yarnall, Christy Samarkos.
- Voting Members Absent: Patty Masengale, Keagan Casey.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Christina Brown, Linh Phan.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: None.
- Visitors: David Lopez, Christopher De La Rosa, Cassandra Garcia, Ray Harfield, Jamie Miller, Clayton Bishop, Jennifer Esquivel-Parker, Carlos Careaga.
III. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting. LEE/YARNALL CARRIED
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the Board of Directors meeting minutes of 11/09/15, as attached. ACOSTA/CISNEROS CARRIED
V. PUBLIC COMMENT: None.
VI. UNIVERSITY REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- Business and Financial Affairs Designee: None.
- University President’s Designee: Christy Samarkos, Associate Vice President for Student Affairs, reported on the following:
- Welcomed everyone back from break.
- Reminded members to take care of themselves for finals.
- AS Leaders, SDSU Imperial Valley: Imperial Valley leaders thanked the Board of Directors for being so welcoming. They reported on what they are working on this semester and their progress of improving Aztec Pride for students at SDSU Imperial Valley.
VII. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- General Consent Agenda (Action): It was moved and seconded to approve the General Consent Agenda, as attached. ACOSTA/YARNALL CARRIED
- General Consent Report (Information): The general consent report was reviewed.
- California State Student Association Resolution Regarding the CSU Sustainable Financial Model Report ( Information): The report was reviewed, as attached.
- Proposed Bylaw Amendments (Information): The bylaw amendments were reviewed, as attached.
- #BA F15-03 College of Arts and Letters College Council
- #BA F15-04 Legislative Procedures
- #BA F15-05 University Affairs Board
- #BA F15-06 Commuter Student Board
- #BA F15-07 Student Support Commission
- #BA F15-08 External Relations Board
- #BA F15-09 Community Service Commission
- #BA F15-10 SDSU Children’s Center Board
- #BA F15-11 Campus Community Commission
- #BA F15-12 Eligibility
- #BA F15-13 Aztec Student Union Board
VIII. CLOSED SESSION (Closed to Non-Members): None.
IX. BOARD OF DIRECTORS COMMITTEE REPORTS:
- Audit Committee: Carlos Careaga, Finance Director, gave a presentation on the Grant Thornton audit report. March 18th is the next Audit Committee meeting.
- Facilities Board: The next meeting will be this Thursday.
- Financial Affairs Committee: The last meeting is on Monday.
- Marketing and Communications Committee: Aztecs Rock Hunger ended. The committee is working on a Welcome Back spring video.
X. EXECUTIVE REPORTS:
- President: Blaire Ward reported on the following:
- Next Board of Directors meeting is December 7th!
- Vision came to life with the A.S leaders composite and it will be used during tabling.
- Booksharing is approved at the SDSU Children’s Center. Blaire encouraged everyone to visit.
- Reminded everyone to visit student organizations with the goal of one per week.
- The Muslim Student Association appreciated A.S. support at the rally last Monday.
- Executive Vice President: Leo Carrillo reported on the following:
- Encouraged everyone to come to this Saturday’s football game, which is also the Sports Authority Mountain West Championship.
- Vice President of External Relations: Tyler Aguilar reported on the following:
- The California Secretary of State will be coming in January or February.
- External Relations Board’s goal is to have a full voter registration campaign in the spring.
- If anyone is interested in any legislative process, let Tyler know.
- Vice President of Financial Affairs: Dominic Bilotti reported on the following:
- Aztecs Rock Hunger results announcement is this Wednesday at 12pm in the Goldberg Courtyard.
- Vice President of University Affairs: None.
- Executive Director: None.
XI. REPORTS OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
- Trevor Yarnall reported on the following:
- Will meet with Patty and James to plan for beer garden.
- Lorena Acosta reported on the following:
- Reminded members RSVP for A.S Holiday dinner this Wednesday!
- Anthony Lee reported on the following:
- Met with the Director of Housing Administration, Eric Hansen, to discuss extending the MTS trolley pass to encompass all students.
- Showed Board of Directors a conceptual design for the new Tula Community Center estimated to be done in Fall 2018.
- Reminded everyone to read over the Muslim Student Association’s demands.
- Parking structures are going through renovations.
- Anthony will meet with Greg Block to further discuss the SDSU app progress.
The meeting was adjourned at 5:31 PM.
APPROVED BY: Blaire Ward, A.S. President
PREPARED BY: Linh Phan, A.S. Government Secretary