Monday, July 20, 2015 – 3:00 PM
Council Chambers • Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
A.S. President, Blaire Ward called the meeting to order at 3:11 PM in the Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Blaire Ward, Leo Carrillo, Tyler Aguilar, Dominic Bilotti, Andrea Byrd, Lorena Acosta, Keagan Casey, Sergio Cisneros, Anthony Lee, Patty Masengale, Trevor Yarnall, Jessica Rentto.
- Voting Members Absent: Christy Samarkos.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Christina Brown, Jennifer Esquivel-Parker.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: Clarice Mendoza.
- Visitors: None.
III. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting. BILOTTI/AGUILAR CARRIED
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the Board of Directors meeting minutes of 6/22/15, as attached. ACOSTA/MASENGALE CARRIED
V. PUBLIC COMMENT:
VI. UNIVERSITY REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- Business and Financial Affairs Designee: Associate Vice President for Administration Jessica Rentto reported on the following:
- The role of the Division for Business and Financial Affairs and its structure. She discussed her responsibilities.
- She gave an update on the Let’s Talk campaign and showed the 2015-2016 video.
- University President’s Designee: None.
VII. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Travel Requests (Action): Vice President of Financial Affairs Dominic Bilotti reviewed the attached travel requests. It was moved and seconded to approve the travel requests, as attached. MASENGALE/LEE It was moved and seconded to separate the travel request submitted by Sigma Lambda Beta and table it to the next BOD meeting. BILOTTI/CASEY CARRIED The Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity travel request was approved as submitted.
- Approval of the 2016 General Elections Schedule (Action): It was moved and seconded to approve the 2016 General Elections Schedule, as attached. YARNALL/ACOSTA CARRIED
- Appointments and Resignations (Action): It was moved and seconded to approve the Appointments and Resignations memo, as attached. CISNEROS/MASENGALE CARRIED
- General Consent Report (Information): The General Consent Report was reviewed via electronic copy. For further reference please request a full agenda copy from the Government Secretary.
VIII. CLOSED SESSION (Closed to Non-Members):
It was moved and seconded to move into closed session. MASENGALE/BYRD CARRIED
It was moved and seconded to approve the selection of a new legal counsel. The Board reviewed the materials regarding the proposed legal counsel and discussed. MASENGALE/ACOSTA CARRIED
It was moved and seconded to move out of closed session. MASENGALE/ACOSTA CARRIED
IX. EXECUTIVE REPORTS:
- President: Blaire Ward reported on the following:
- Blaire reviewed the schedule to occur on the day of the next Board of Directors meeting.
- A status report was given on the survey.
- Executive Vice President: Leo Carrillo reported on the following:
- There is a competition for students to design the logo for this year’s homecoming.
- Help is still needed for tabling at the upcoming New Student Orientations and Transfer Student Orientations.
- Leo has been working on the upcoming A.S. retreat. Guests RSVPs are being received by the front desk and an agenda will be created.
- Vice President of External Relations: Tyler Aguilar reported on the following:
- An email about the SIRF fee will be sent out.
- A CSSA update was given.
- Aztec TV is working on future A.S. promos.
- He is working with the College Area Community Council on an ice cream social.
- Volunteers are needed for the upcoming College Area BID event.
- Vice President of Financial Affairs: Dominic Bilotti reported on the following:
- Financial Affairs Committee will continue to meet Mondays at 11AM.
- There will be changes to the Campus Program Funding process.
- Aztecs Rock Hunger will be from October 22 to November 15. He is working on a way to incorporate the needs of SDSU students into the food drive.
- There will be trainings with the assistant deans before school starts.
- Vice President of University Affairs: Andrea Byrd reported on the following:
- Andrea gave an update on the work the university is doing regarding Incompletes, leaves of absence and waitlists.
- University Affairs Board will be working on marketing this semester.
- Andrea gave an update on the Take Back the Week campaign.
- Executive Director: Christina Brown reported on the following:
- She informed the board that Students for Justice in Palestine is working with the union staff to file a waiver for an exception to the three room maximum policy for two days that they are requesting to host a national conference in the union.
X. REPORTS OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
- Lorena Acosta reported on the following:
- She has been working each day at the New Student Orientations.
- Keagan Casey reported on the following:
- Keagan will be working with Andrea on filling student positions on the University Senate committees.
- Anthony Lee reported on the following:
- The report on the Children’s Center is complete.
- Anthony met with the new Women’s Resource Center Coordinator.
- He is working on strengthening the boards and committees report templates.
- Patty Masengale reported on the following:
- GreenFest planning is going well.
- RA training is coming up.
- Trevor Yarnall reported on the following:
- A retention workshop will be given at the A.S. Retreat.
The meeting was adjourned at 5:52 PM. ACOSTA/MASENGALE CARRIED