A.S. President, J. Cole called the meeting to order at 4:00 PM at the Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
A. Voting Members Present: J. Cole, Kevin Hancock, Jacqueline Karczewski, Alex Padua, Corey Polant, Keagan Casey, Maneet Deol, Marc Hess, Marilyn Martinez, Jessica Rentto.
B. Voting Members Absent: Alexandria Johnstone, Kyle Murphy, Christy Samarkos.
C. Non-Voting Members Present: Clarice Mendoza, Christina Brown.
D. Non-Voting Members Absent: None.
E. Visitors: None.
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting.
It was moved and seconded to approve the Board of Directors meeting minutes of 2/23/15 and 3/6/15, as attached.
A. Business and Financial Affairs Designee: None.
B. University President’s Designee: None.
A. General Consent Agenda (Action): It was moved and seconded to approve the General Consent Agenda, as attached.
B. General Consent Report (Information): The General Consent Report was reviewed via electronic copy. For further reference please request a full agenda copy from the Government Secretary.
C. Quarter 2 Financial Review (Information): Vice President of Financial Affairs Alex Padua reviewed the Quarter 2 Financial Review and answered questions from the Board of Directors.
D. Audit Firm Recommendation (Information): A.S. Financial Directors Carlos Careaga reviewed the Audit Firm Recommendation from Grant Thornton LLP. The process for choosing a new auditor and the auditing process were explained.
E. Student Initiative Referendum Update (Information):
A. President: J. Cole reported on the following:
1. Ex4Vets is on May 2nd. 50% of the money raised by each student organization will go back to their organizations. The one-hour workout will be from 11-12 PM on the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union steps. Media and publicity will be present on campus. This is the only event that is geared towards the student veterans we have at SDSU.
B. Executive Vice President: Kevin Hancock reported on the following:
1. $40,000 was raised at the Aztec Dance Marathon which is an incredible feat!
2. 151 nominations were received for the Aztec Achievement Awards. Nomination submissions closed today at 4 PM.
3. Our men’s basketball team is currently 2nd seed in the Mountain West Tournament this weekend. Our first game is against Colorado State. The executive officers will be traveling out to Las Vegas to watch the game.
C. Vice President of External Relations: Jacqueline Karczewski reported on the following:
1. $137 million is currently allocated to the CSU system by the state legislature, but we’re asking for $97 million more, as this grand total is divided amongst all the 23 major campuses in the CSU system.
2. The External Relation Board’s "It’s On Us" Campaign has started. Come and visit their table to sign the support the "It’s On Us" Pledge and receive a bracelet. Sign the Pledge online at https://as.sdsu.edu/itsonus/.
D. Vice President of Financial Affairs: Alex Padua reported on the following:
1. Student organizations will be presenting to the Financial Affairs Committee at their upcoming meetings, so there is more background on their requested amount for allocation.
E. Vice President of University Affairs: Corey Polant reported on the following:
1. The resolution concerning sexual violence is in progress. A.S. currently doesn’t have a process of in-house resolutions, so we will be learning and forming the process as we go.
F. Executive Director: Christina Brown reported on the following:
1. Congrats to the student leaders involved in the planning and organizing of GreenFest this year! It was an amazing week of programming.
2. Complaints from the college area about the noise level of last Thursday’s GreenFest concert were at an unusually high number. Jacqueline Karczewski and John Kolek will discuss the concern at the College Area Community Council this Wednesday and explain that is was an anomaly. A.S. is pushing for more involvement from LiveNation when choosing an artist and sound technicians for future GreenFest concerts.
A. Keagan Casey reported on the following:
B. Maneet Deol reported on the following:
C. Marc Hess reported on the following:
The meeting was adjourned at 6:00 PM.