A.S. President, J. Cole called the meeting to order at 4:00 PM at the Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
A. Voting Members Present: J. Cole, Kevin Hancock, Jacqueline Karczewski, Alex Padua, Corey Polant, Keagan Casey, Maneet Deol, Alexandria Johnstone, Marilyn Martinez, Kyle Murphy, Jessica Rentto, Christy Samarkos.
B. Voting Members Absent: None.
C. Non-Voting Members Present: Clarice Mendoza, Christina Brown.
D. Non-Voting Members Absent: None.
E. Visitors: Erik Tamiyasu.
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting.
It was moved and seconded to approve the Board of Directors meeting minutes of 10/20/14, as attached.
A. Business and Financial Affairs Designee: Associate Vice President for Administration Jessica Rentto reported on the following:
1. Demolition for South Campus Plaza will begin this week. The project is expected to be completed in fall 2016.
B. University President’s Designee: None.
C. Judicial Affairs Council Update: Justice, Erik Tamiyasu, reported on the following:
1. The deadline for attendance at a cultural event and a meeting of a college council on organization you are not a member of is on November 21.
2. The deadline for completing diversity trainings has been moved to December 1.
3. Bylaw amendments will be included in the ASBOD agenda packet for the November 17 meeting.
4. Erik listed all the last chance proposals that were approved by the Judicial Affairs Council over the past few weeks.
5. Appointments and Review Committee is meeting this Sunday to interview candidates for the Elections Coordinator and Campus Community Commission Representative.
6. Clarice will be sending out the attendance sheets with the agenda packets prior to your meetings. Please review these and ensure your attendance records are correct.
A. General Consent Agenda (Action): It was moved and seconded to approve the General Consent Agenda, as attached.
B. General Consent Report (Information): The General Consent Report was reviewed via electronic copy. For further reference please request a full agenda copy from the Government Secretary.
It was moved and seconded to move into closed session.
It was moved and seconded to move out of closed session.
The Claims Review was approved. An update on the annual evaluation of the Executive Director was given.
A. President: None.
B. Executive Vice President: Kevin Hancock reported on the following:
1. Sign up for the Homecoming 5K on the morning of the homecoming game at http://homecoming.sdsu.edu/homecoming/5k.aspx.
2. 498 people attended the soccer game yesterday and 217 students participated in the chalking event today. Attendance at the homecoming events has been impressive.
3. 34,000 tickets have been released so far for the Homecoming game! Get your ticket now!
4. Attend the basketball game this Friday evening!
C. Vice President of External Relations: Jacqueline Karczewski reported on the following:
1. The polls open tomorrow at 7 AM until 8 PM and will be located in Montezuma Hall.
2. AztecTV’s second episode came out last week.
3. Jacqueline, Maneet, and Paige have been discussing an SDSU application for iPhones and the features it would have to aid students in their college experiences.
4. GNP Campus Clean-up: Sunday, November 16.
5. Career Services will be giving a presentation at the External Relations Board meeting on Monday, November 17.
D. Vice President of Financial Affairs: Alex Padua reported on the following:
1. 138,000 lbs. of food have been raised for Aztecs Rock Hunger so far. Keep encouraging your peers to donate to this great philanthropy.
2. On Tuesday, November 18, the Cal Cost Credit Union will be hosting a Cyber Security Workshop at 12 PM in Park Blvd.
E. Vice President of University Affairs: Corey Polant reported on the following:
1. University Affairs Board will be approving their report on their research for the Resolution to Change the Mascot at their meeting this Thursday. This report will be sent to University Council next Wednesday, but all avenues to distribute the report will be taken right after University Affairs Board approves it.
2. On Wednesday, November 12, Jeff Buckholz will be a featured speaker at a sexual violence training. To follow on the next Wednesday, November 19, there will be a 2-part forum allowing students to express their concerns and questions about sexual violence prevention and education at SDSU. There will be an array of tables in Templo Mayor covering the different topics relating to sexual violence, allowing students to pick and choose their areas of focus. SDSU administration and members of the sexual violence taskforce will be present. A campus-wide e-mail will be sent out to all students, faculty, and staff with details of the event, encouraging all to participate.
F. Executive Director: Christina Brown reported on the following:
1. The audit committee will be reviewing the compliance audit performed at the SDSU Children’s Center at their next meeting.
2. There will be a White House event at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union on November 18.
X. REPORTS OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
A. Marc Hess reported on the following:
1. Meetings with the five executive officers, Christina Brown, and Jennifer Esquivel-Parker have been scheduled to gain more knowledge on their positions and insight on leadership at SDSU
2. Marc will be working on a campaign with Stephanie Waits of Student Health Services’ Health Promotions to make students more aware of the diseases that could affect them. Collaboration with Recreation and Wellness Commission and Campus Community Commission have been proposed.
B. Marilyn Martinez reported on the following:
1. A workshop with students in EOP is being organized by Marilyn and Keagan.
C. Kyle Murphy reported on the following:
1. Level 3 of the Student Success Fee was passed at the Campus Fee Advisory Committee. The approved proposals will be released to the university’s constituents.
The meeting was adjourned at 5:42 PM.