A.S. President, Josh Morse called the meeting to order at 4:05 PM at the Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
A. Voting Members Present: Josh Morse, Becca Cohen, Javier Gomez, Mariah Kelly, Morgan Chan, Jonathan Cole, Josh Garman, Kevin Hancock, Chad Karczewski, Washington Navarrete, Jessika Seekatz, Nancy Demich.
B. Voting Members Absent: Eric Rivera.
C. Non-Voting Members Present: Christina Brown, Dr. Timothy Quinnan, Clarice Mendoza.
D. Non-Voting Members Absent: None.
E. Visitors Present: Kiana Caton.
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting.
Josh Morse added a time certain for adjournment at 5 PM as a friendly amendment. Javier Gomez added a time certain for a Judicial Affairs Council report at 4:10 PM as a friendly amendment.
The agenda was approved as amended.
It was moved and seconded to approve the Board of Directors meeting minutes of 3/10/14, as attached.
A. Business and Financial Affairs Designee: Nancy Demich reported on the following:
1. An evacuation drill will be on April 8 at 11:15 AM in Storm Hall and Storm West. Communications will be made for this upcoming event.
2. A new Associate Vice President has been added in the Division of Business and Financial Affairs: Chris Xanthos as the new Business Operations Associate Vice President and Chief Information Officer.
3. The Smoking Policy Implementation group continues to meet regularly. Social enforcement remains as the main concern amongst faculty, staff, and students.
B. University President’s Designee: Dr. Timothy Quinnan reported on the following:
1. San Diego State is in the Sweet 16! The men’s basketball team is heading to Honda Center in Anaheim for their game against the University of Arizona Wildcats. This is an exciting time for all Aztecs!
2. Student Life and Leadership is working on replacing Yvonne Hernandez as Assistant Director of Greek Life. This role is very important as it accommodates the large Greek population at SDSU.
3. The College of Business is creating an interim Assistant Dean position to replace Christine Probett when she leaves at the end of this semester. Dr. Quinnan has been meeting with Interim Dean Singh to ensure that there is smooth transition when shifting to this new Assistant Dean.
C. Judicial Affairs Council Report: Justice Kiana Caton reported on the following:
1. The Associated Students member requirement sheet is now due on April 11 in the Associated Students office by 4:30 PM.
2. If you did not complete your tabling requirement, please e-mail Jen by this Friday with an explanation as to why. Associated Students members who do not provide Judicial Affairs Council with an explanation nor has their reason deemed inexcusable will receive an unexcused absence.
3. The cultural event requirement is due this Friday!
4. Jessica Valo has been appointed as the newest Justice of Judicial Affairs Council.
A. General Consent Agenda (Action): It was moved and seconded to approve the General Consent Agenda, as attached.
COHEN /KARCZEWSKI CARRIED
Mariah Kelly made a friendly amendment to the 3/24 Financial Affairs Committee minutes, correcting a typo in the fifth travel request under Action Item C to read that it was moved and seconded to approve the Fair Trade Student Association $376 for their travel request.
Mariah Kelly made a friendly amendment to separate out and table the 3/10 Financial Affairs Committee minutes. It was moved and approved to separate out only Action Item C, the approval of the Mission Bay Aquatic Center 2012-13 Re-budget, from the 3/10 Financial Affairs Committee minutes.
The General Consent Agenda was approved as amended.
B. General Consent Report (Information): The General Consent Report was reviewed via electronic copy. For further reference please request a full agenda copy from the Government Secretary.
A. President: Josh Morse reported on the following:
1. Congratulations to all the newly elected Associated Students government members!
B. Executive Director: Christina Brown reported on the following:
1. Cal Coastal Credit Union is hosting a grand opening reception and ASBOD members are invited.
The meeting was adjourned at 5:30 PM.